Malware and Virus are technically different attacks becoming more damaging than ever before.
What is Computer Virus
A computer virus is a little software program that can extend by first infecting files to other computers’ files. A virus is a file noted with the sole purpose of rusting or deleting data on your computer.
Viruses can enter your computer by attachments in email messages, images, audio/video files, or instant messaging. It circulates by duplicating files or through downloads on the internet. So before opening any file, be sure about it first that who sent the message. Once your system has detected a virus, it might be so hurtful for you to lose all your applications and documents. It also slows down your device.
Types of Computer viruses:
- Boot Sector Virus: A boot sector virus infects a computer master boot record and injects its code into a hard disk section table. It starts harming the main memory and can result in poor system performance, boot-up problems, and hard disk issues.
- Macro Virus: It infects Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other files.
- Multipartite Virus: A multipartite virus uses numerous methods to infect program files. It is a mixture of Boot and Program/file viruses that generally stay in the computer memory to infect the hard disk.
- Browser Hijacker: A browser hijacker manually targets and alters your browser settings. It turns your browser to different malicious websites and replaces the homepage.
- Web Scripting Virus: A sneaky virus that targets widespread websites will use the web browser and web page codes.
- Polymorphic Virus: A polymorphic virus can evade anti-virus programs as it alters the code whenever an infected file starts.
What is Malware?
Malware is an umbrella term utilized for malicious software that works to harm your computer or a networked PC. Malware is a catch-all term that guides to all types of malicious software, Computer Viruses. Examples of Malware:
• Trojan horses
This malware works to gain unauthorized access to your device, including stealing and hijacking core computing functions without user authorization.
Types of Malware:
Spyware: As the name works, Spyware is software that spies on your computer activities. It can install on your computer without your knowledge and provides profit to the third party by collecting data of the user without his awareness. Moreover, it tracks your passwords, computer data, and social media accounts—prominent for stealing passwords.
Worm: A worm is a computer code that replicates itself and spreads from computer to computer. Worms contaminate whole networks of devices broadcasted by using vulnerabilities in operating systems. Due to its repeating nature occupies a lot of room in the hard drive and swallows more additional CPU uses. Hence it makes the PC too sluggish and works with more network bandwidth.
Trojan: A trojan horse is a malicious software program that often conceals itself as alluring code or software. It is not a virus, but it can be harmful by creeping onto your computer and delivering the malware. It opens a backdoor entrance to your computer and sets code into the operating system that authorizes a hacker to access the computer. It cannot replicate itself.
Ransomware: Ransomware is a new malware that encrypts your hard drive’s files and extorts you financially. It shuts your computer and prevents you from accessing the system or personal files until you pay for your cyber crimes. Even if you spend for unlocking the system, it will remain unlocked. Nowadays, the attacks are increasing, implying you must be on a regular alert.
Adware: Generically, Adware is a software application that displays ads on your computer. It can automatically get downloaded to your system pushes your browser to turn to web promotions. With Adware, the issue is the captured data can transmit overtly or covertly with data captured.
Rootkits: It is the most demanding of all malware to detect that gives malicious actors remote control of a given system.
How to Prevent Malware:
While browsing your favorite site, hundreds of thousands of unknown malicious files are registered customary, causing hardware performance to act unusually. Here are some reliable ways to protect and block attacks.
- Install Antivirus: If you like to bypass getting a virus on your devices from the internet, install the Anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
- Be careful with the email attachments: Think before downloading the document can be dangerous for your pc.
- Update your Operating System: Software updates drive the software or devices securer to work.
- Avoid Pirated Software: Free Software often comes from difficult-to-find websites that can spread the malware.
- Backup your Computer: This step will protect your system from getting a virus and sidestep some harm and pressure.
Tags: viruses, worms virus, trojan horses virus, spyware virus, adware virus, rootkits virus, malware virus, polymorphic virus, web scripting virus, browser hijacker, multipartite virus, macro virus, boot sector virus, computer viruses, spyware malware, software spyware, anti virus spyware, browser hijackers, browser hijacking, computer virus presentation, harmful computer program.