In addition, Alexa can do a lot of other enjoyable tasks depending on your needs. For example, you can give your command: Alexa, play my flash briefing, invoke Flash Briefing on your Echo devices. It will provide a detailed weather forecast first, before executing the default news feed for your region, accompanied by the sports recap, then some national headings before some international business news. Out of the box, it performs a quick news briefing from the news sources, letting you catch up on what is happening in the world with a single command.
Alexa now has over 5,000 skills for Flash Briefing, but you probably do not know to customize your Alexa Flash Briefing.
You can also set up and customize your Amazon Echo Flash Briefing and add more feeds using the Alexa app.
How to set up and customize your Amazon Echo Flash Briefing:
Like most Alexa features and skills, users decide which flash briefings they’d prefer to listen to and the command in which they appear.
Add flash briefing using the Amazon Alexa app on your Android or iOS device:
- Open the Alexa app, select More, and then head to the settings option.
- Further preferred Flash Briefing, then select more Flash Briefing content.
- You can choose from different options by scrolling down to a feed that you want. Now, Enable to use.
- Now, you can see the settings that will lead you to Manage Flash Briefings. Tap on the same to get back to the Alexa app settings.
- To play your feeds in the listed manner, choose the toggle switch next to every feeds to enable or disable it. Now, hit Edit in the top-right corner to play your feeds orderly.
To Add Alexa News Flash:
- If you are only interested in the news, go to More in the Alexa app.
- Choose Skills & Games.
- Now tap categories to choose the report.
- You can see a top trending news list on your display. Go to see more, and choose the news flash briefing you fancy to enable.
To Remove additional feeds from the Flash briefing:
For example, if you do not want to use news anymore or you have now changed your mind, and you think it is useless:
- Open the Alexa app and select the side menu to go to the settings.
- Again, choose flash briefing.
- In the end, tap on the toggle switch of each feed that you want to remove.
Now, these deactivated feeds will transfer to the bottom of your Flash Briefing settings under the Off section. Those removed/disabled feeds will stay on your account. If you want to remove them from the Flash Briefing settings page
· Click Get more Flash Briefing content and search for the feed’s name.
· Choose the name of the feed source to launch the skills page, and lastly, click Disable Skill.
To Reorder Alexa Flash Briefing feeds or sources:
You may want to put your new feeds in another place to reorder the reports as desired.
- Go to the Amazon Alexa app to choose the side menu.
- Select settings to open Flash briefing, then tap Edit order (top-right corner).
- In the end, choose the hamburger button (in the right of the feed). Now drag it according to your desired place.
- Now, select Done.
Many of these news skills are updated twice a day, and you can steadily change the form and the briefings depending on what is brand-new in the market. All this takes about 20-25 minutes, and you can perceive updated news in the daylight and repeatedly at dinner time.