Alexa devices have made it easier to control a smart home using voice. Amazon delivers a broad collection of smart home devices that can turn the lights off in the living room, lock your doors, and play your favorite music with just your one command. It is entirely hands-free and can deliver the best work with the compatible Echo device.
The home assistant lives in the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot and performs multiple tasks in your household.
Before we fetch it into our list, start with the smart speaker. Purchase the best Alexa-compatible devices online within your budget. Amazon offers a variety of Alexa Echo devices that can handle everything using your voice. The Alexa devices continue to broaden and deepen.
Connect your Echo with Alexa
- Download the Alexa app on your device.
- Choose the devices (Bottom-right corner) on the screen.
- Now, choose the + button to add your Echo device.
- Turn on your Echo device for setting up.
- Now, move to your mobile’s Wi-Fi section and look for your device’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Connect with the network and return to the Alexa app.
- Here, the app will usually request your Wi-Fi credentials.
- Fill in all the details, and your Alexa is working with your device now.
To access multiple devices:
- Open your Alexa app on your device.
- Choose the hamburger menu.
- Select the smart home, then Add the group.
- Select the devices that you would like to add to the group.
- Name the group according to you (Like, downstairs, living room, or bedroom).
- In your Alexa app, go to the hamburger menu.
- Select Routines to choose + to add a new routine.
- Now, choose a time or phrase for the same.
- Follow the process to proceed to the required steps from the categories.
There are a lot of smart home devices that Alexa can control. But when it comes to lights, the Philips Hue bulbs are the best Alexa-compatible devices. These are arguably the most-used lights to retain your lighting simply with a warm glow of yellow hue. Once enabled, it works better in the room and modifies lighting as required.
The home creations can look affordable individually, but they can also be effortless to set up.
Alexa works with many Alexa-compatible plugs that can control with voice commands. These can turn your regular appliances into smart devices and are simple on/off buttons. It is a suitable alternative to bulbs with a far less expensive method of starting the transition. You can pick Amazon’s smart plugs are a great go-to with your smart bulbs.
To get started
- Go to the Alexa app on your phone or another device.
- Now, choose devices at the bottom.
- Select the + icon (at the top right).
- Choose Add device.
- Now, here select the device that you want to add. (Smart light, plug, switch).
- Pick the brand from the list.
- Now, pursue the on-screen instructions.
Speak to Smart Locks
As with most gadgets, you can also operate Alexa to lock your door to amp up protection near your home. These days, smart security devices are valuable and ease the concern of forgetting your key with some standards. To secure your home, choose August Smart locks Pro works well with Alexa.
Once you install a smart lock, doorSense determines and can grant or deny access to visitors. It provides 24/7 video surveillance and hands-free interaction. It also allows you to see through the door and speak to them in real-time.
Work with the smart Thermostat
If you think about the thermostats will provide you convenience at your home and could support you to save some funds in the long run. Smart thermostats Nest is compatible with the Alexa Device. Rather than get up and turn the Thermostat down, these devices come with integrated Wi-Fi that can arrange a schedule for the house temperature according to when you and your household will require it.
Smart thermostats clear all that frustration and will accustom themselves to the temperatures by requesting Alexa to adjust the temp for you.
When you are abiding by all the essential home products, the Amazon Fire TV Cube gives you the chance to control your TV. It includes an Alexa remote to guide all your media and entertainment with voice commands.
Here are some details:
- Turn on the Alexa app on your phone.
- Select More and scroll down to TV &video.
- Choose the Fire TV that you want to link.
- Along with that, choose your Echo speaker to control the Fire TV.
Now, you can play half-million movies and TV shows hands-free.