Multi-room audio systems have been a prominent business in tech for the last few years that lets you perform music over multiple Echo devices in your home. All you need to use is Alexa voice services to group all the Alexa-enabled speakers. It can do practically everything with a simple voice command to control where its music is playing or fill spacious rooms with multiple speakers running in tandem. If you appear to be an alive home enthusiastic person, follow this how to connect multiple echo devices and allow multi-room music playback?
How to connect Multiple Echo Devices and allow Multi-Room Music Playback
You already have an Alexa device, and now you desire to set up multi-room music to command Alexa to perform your favorite artist songs.
- For this to work, you can download the Alexa app from the play store. Either you can use the app on the website.
- Now, start the Alexa device and move to the devices (at the bottom-right corner).
- Press the equipment (+) icon (top-right corner).
- To access your multi-room music, press Combine speakers from the menu.
- Forthwith, the app will urge you to choose between two options home cinema and stereo.
- The next page will lead you to create a group of Alexa devices.
- Choose the Echo devices that you want to add, and select a group name. Then, save it.
- Now, play your favorite song on your Echo devices.
How to add the Echo devices:
- Go to your Alexa app and choose devices.
- Now, select the plus icon (+) [top-right side of the screen].
- Now, from the pop-up menu, choose Add device. You will have to select your device type.
- Select the generation of your Echo on the next screen.
- Now check your device has been plugging in to start this process. The device will change the blue color into orange, press continue.
[ Note: You can also hold down the action button for 6 seconds to change the color of the Echo.]
Connect your Device to Wi-Fi:
- To connect your Alexa with Wi-Fi, open your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. Choose the Amazon name network to complete this process.
- Again, open your Alexa app and select continue>select your Wi-Fi network and hold up until the device is ready.
- Now, to confirm Alexa is working on the command, ask a question to your device.
Which Music Services Support the feature:
You can use Alexa to control multi-room music with different platforms like Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Prime Music, Sirius XM, Pandora, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Amazon has introduced new tools that enable AVS device inventors to combine with Amazon Alexa Multi-Room Music.
How to play different Music on Multiple Echo devices:
All this sounds great, and an Echo Dot customer can play diverse music on multiple Echo devices throughout their home on their connected audio systems. All you need to do is give Alexa instructions and create two different groups. Then you can command Alexa to play the song for groups by announcing their names.
Today, Amazon Alexa is smarter with the all-new feature while using this innovative device and the very able AI assistant. To play the different songs on each device:
- Firstly, open the Alexa app on your device.
- Make sure that the multi-room music alternative is disabled.
- Move to every single device that has connected to your app.
- In the end, scroll down to the music playback settings to select the music you want to play.
Here is an entire setup of How to connect Multiple Echo Devices and allow Multi-Room Music Playback.