Roku devices are compatible with Amazon Alexa, enabling you to do several things with your voice. In March 2019, Roku announced its devices will now be compatible with Amazon Alexa devices and TVs. It can control the volume, search for entertainment options, switch to a specific channel, search for your favorite content, and more. These devices are miniature streaming boxes or streaming sticks, connect to Google Assistant-powered devices, like Google Home Mini, Google Home, and your TV. Many people are adopting Roku, with Alexa gadget, finding a way more comfortable to say. With the rise of streaming platforms, this operation is working for Amazon Alexa requires Roku OS 8.1 or higher to enable the new Roku skills. Customers with Alexa-enabled devices – Echo Show, Echo Dot, Echo Spot, Echo, and Echo Plus can pause a show, open apps, and more.
Without any doubt, it is gaining popularity day by day, and if you are an owner of a Roku device can get to the entertainment quicker to experience more of it.
Once enabled, you will be able to say things like:
“Alexa, see comedies on Roku,” or
“Alexa, open Hulu on Roku,”
“Alexa, show me action movies on bedroom Roku.”
When you handle Amazon Alexa with Roku Voice, the key will be commencing the command with Alexa as natural, then specify Roku is where the action is executing. Alexa, Echo is a voice-controlled personal assistant developed by Amazon that has several skills and capabilities. By connecting your Roku with Alexa, you can command a way more natural, for example, Alexa, pause Roku. It is easier to remember, say, and also a bit more innocent. This article will help you know more about your device and How to Command Roku With the Amazon Echo.
How to Set up your Roku with Amazon Alexa
- Firstly, start your Alexa app on your phone or device.
- In the top left corner, open the sidebar menu (with the three lines icon).
- Now, select the settings option at the bottom.
- Choose TV & Video to see the list of all the streaming services that Alexa can manage.
- Choose Roku> Enable skills to move further.
- After that, select your Roku account and password.
- Follow the process, select Sign in and accept and continue.
- Now, choose your Roku device to control with your Amazon Alexa.
- It will automatically scan for your nearby Roku device to get connected.
- It is time to select your Alexa devices to control Roku.
- Connect with the device and start issuing the commands to Echo to manage your Echo.
How to Command Roku With the Amazon Echo:
There are dozens of commands available that enable you to interact with your Roku device handling your Amazon Echo. In a couple of minutes, it will serve on all Alexa-enabled devices. Just remember to add Roku in the voice commands as a part of the request. Let’s get to know everything about Roku with some Alexa Roku skills.
- “Alexa, launch Prime Video on living room Roku.”
- “Alexa, pause on kitchen Roku.”
- “Alexa, fast forward on Roku.”
- “Alexa, mute on office Roku”
- “Alexa, play comedies on kitchen Roku.”
- “Alexa, switch on the living room Roku TV.”
- “Alexa, show me action films on Roku.”
- “Alexa, turn up the volume on living room Roku.”
- “Alexa, start Hulu on living room Roku.”
- “Alexa, switch to channel 8.1 on bedroom Roku.”
You can own multiple voice ecosystems in their homes but, Alexa will work best when you pair your devices. The new Roku skill for Alexa offers a neutral platform in home entertainment, though you can not manage Netflix with voice commands. Once you’ve done Set up your Roku with Amazon Alexa, you can enjoy it with Roku.