It is common to capture a screenshot for record-keeping and to share with other individuals. Taking a screenshot on Windows 10 is one of the most helpful features which allow you to give an instant answer to your folks. Besides that, it also highlights any software error or bug that you have experienced while working. Finally, it shows an image of the content on the display of what you are viewing on your PC, Windows 10.
For example, if You have content and want to share it with your colleague in the office, then take a screenshot to email it. It is an effective way to save time while working. Besides that, you can also capture a screenshot of the entire screen or just a portion of it.
Screenshots have become very famous nowadays for sharing what is on your screen. With the increasing popularity, there are more than a few ways. I have compiled a checklist of some of the most common strategies for capturing screenshots in Windows 10.
How to Capture Screenshots in Windows 10
It is a simple ordinary task for desktops and laptops that allow you to capture a screenshot and save it to a folder. Here we will cover all the possible methods for windows 10:
Method 1: Use Print Screen on Windows 10
The fastest way to take a screenshot is by using the Print Screen key (PrtScn). It has located at the top row of the keyboard labeled as PrtScn around the Function (F#) keys.
- Open the image/display that you want to capture.
- Now, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard to take a screen clip.
- It is easy, and the copy has saved on your desktop.
- Now, use a tool like MS Paint or MS world to paste it.
- Press ctrl+V and save the document on your PC.
Method 2: Use Windows +Prt screen on Windows 10
Using these keys will automatically copy an image of your entire screen to the clipboard and save the screenshot.
- Click the tab windows + Print Screen key.
- The display of your computer will briefly go dim. It will mention the captured screenshot.
- After that, the screenshot has saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder.
Method 3: Use Alt +Prt screen on Windows 10
If you expect to capture a quick screenshot of the active window, then follow these steps:
- Open the app you desire to take a screenshot and press alt+ Prt Sc (Print Screen).
- Now go to MS Paint or Word.
- Press Ctrl+V and paste the image into the paint/ word.
- Follow the process to save the current window.
Method 4: Use the Snipping tool to Prt screen on Windows 10
If you do not like using keyboard shortcuts, the snipping tool is the best way to capture a screenshot on Windows 10. It is one of the default applications of Microsoft Windows that has been around since Windows Vista. This permits users:
- To capture a computer screenshot of the entire screen,
- A rectangular portion of the screen, or
- A free-form screenshot.
Let’s see how this tool functions by following these steps:
- To start with, open the Windows Start Menu and choose the Snipping tool app. Also, you can find it by typing the name Snipping Tool in the search box of the Start Menu.
- Alternatively, you can also see the Snipping tool beneath Start Menu> All Programs> Accessories.
- A screen will be pop up.
- Here, select the Mode, and on the drop-down menu, select a snip. You can choose a Rectangular Snip, a free-form snip, a full-screen capture, or a window snip.
- Here Rectangular Snip will let you choose a rectangular part of the screen that you must capture.
- Free-form Snip lets you draw flexibly around the content by dragging the cursor.
- Window Snip will take any window you select.
- Full-screen Snip will capture the whole screen.
- Also, one can set the amount of time on taking a screenshot with the option of delay.
- Once you are ready, tab New to take a screenshot.
- After that display will fade out.
- Now choose to save the file at any place of your preference.
Method 5: Use the Snipping tool and Sketch Method on Windows 10
The Snip & Sketch app helps to take the screenshot easily.
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S same time.
- Also, you can search Snip & Sketch on the Windows Bar.
- You will see the snip & sketch app open and choose how you would enjoy capturing a screenshot.
- Press click now to take the screenshot.
- Now, open an application like Microsoft Paint or Word. Then, press the Ctrl+V keys.
- After that, follow the process to save the folder.
Tags: how to take a screenshot on windows 10, how to screenshot on windows desktop, how to take a screenshot on pc, how to take screenshot in laptop, windows screenshot shortcut, screenshot on windows 10, how to take a screenshot on windows 7, how to screenshot on windows laptop